Deaf Youth Empowerment Program (DYEP) through Open & Inclusive Training Training Institute (OITI) is always doing enrollments of deaf students for different courses.
OITI offers deaf youths education in different courses such as:
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA)
- Information Technology Essentials (ITE)
- Mobile Phone Technology & Repair
- Software Testing (Courtesy of SOCO)
The Institute has achieved several successes such as:
- SOCO Academy (Software Testing) is currently having its second class of 18 students with the first class of 8 having successfully completed their studies.
- The Institute has currently developed over 250 signs for IT concepts through student centered teaching methodology.
- Over 130 students have successfully trained in IT Essentials Course; learning hardware and software installation, repairs, assembling and trouble shooting. The students have all been awarded internationally recognized certificates from Cisco in ITE.
- 30 students have completed Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA); an advance course in Computer Networking.
- 56 students have so far gone for industrial attachment in both government and private institutions.
- OITI has seen deaf students employed with firms such as Safaricom, Copy Cat, Digital Divide Data, Computer Planet and KBC among others.
At OITI, we offer industry driven courses that are tailored and adapted specifically to meet the needs of both the deaf youth and the job market. Our courses are instructed by well qualified an certified instructors and offered in comfortable friendly environments that encourage team work and mentor-ship. OITI attracts over 250 deaf students yearly. visit http://oilearning.org/ for an opportunity to build your career with us.